Begins 29 Jul 2017 10:00 AM - Ends 29 Jul 2017 05:00 PM
with Ann Rapstoff and Vicky Vergou
at The Abbey Sutton Courtney
This one-day workshop is an introduction to a series of activities that will help you to connect with yourself and the environment through art and mindfulness.
Meditative processes such as stillness, breathing and walking will help you to pay attention to thoughts, feelings and senses.
Through expressive drawing you will become more aware of your surroundings; noticing the light emerging through the trees, the sound of your pencil on the paper, the feel of sunshine on your skin. When you experience the present moment, you are able to let go of what you know and see things as if for the first time.
This workshop is for everyone who is interested in creativity and discovery. You do not need to have experience in art or mindfulness. The focus is on the process of making art rather than producing a finished piece.
All materials will be provided.
Depending on the weather we envisage working outside at times. We recommend waterproof clothing, shoes and umbrellas.
Artists Ann Rapstoff and Vicky Vergou will facilitate the workshop. Ann’s background is in movement and performance; she is also a counsellor using meditation in her practice. Vicky has a background in visual arts and has been teaching drawing, painting and film. We have worked collaboratively on our interest in the landscape and its potential for transformation, healing and the creation of rituals.
The workshop will include:
- Guided meditation which will help you to connect with the beautiful setting of the Abbey
- Tools which awaken your creativity and teach you to enjoy the process of drawing rather than focusing on the final outcome
- Activities which support your curiosity and a non judgmental approach to yourself and your artwork
- Memory, sound and drawing techniques that bring you closer to nature
- Art activities which connect with the senses – observing, listening, touching, smelling
- Practical exercises to help you slow down
- Sharing your experiences in a supportive group
- Time for silence
The cost of this workshop is: £75,
Please contact Ann regarding payment firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone for further details: 07703 182 186
Deadline for payment 14th July
Lunches and refreshments included, special diets considered.